Hosting your first holiday dinner? These tips & tricks will help you pull together a fabulous party without losing your holiday spirit or mind!
You Will Need:
• Adequate seating and tableware
• All the family's favorite foods
• Christmas ornaments or bunches of red and green grapes
• A cleaning service (optional)
Step 1: Check logistics
Figure out if you have enough chairs, seating space & tableware. Borrow from friends & neighbors to fill any holes. Or check out a thrift store; if you don't need or want it afterward, donate it back.
Step 2: Call your guests
Call your guests so you have a handle on how many people are coming – and an excuse to fish for contributions. People often want to contribute, especially if it ensures that their holiday favorite will be on the table.
Step 3: Ask for help
Don't be shy about asking for assistance before, during & after. You'll need all the help you can preparing the food, getting your home ready, serving & cleaning up afterward.
Step 4: Have all the family favorites
Even if you personally think that egg nog is nauseating & fruitcake isn't really dessert. If it's important to someone, serve it & let them take the leftovers home.
Step 5: Finalize your menu
Finalize your menu & go shopping. Figure out what you can make a day or two ahead so that the big day is not such a rush. & Remember: Now is not the time to attempt a dish you've never tried.
Step 6: Don't pull any surprises
When it comes to dinner, don't surprise your guests with tofurkey if they've always had a Christmas ham. If you want to serve something different, make it in addition to, not instead of, the family favorite.
Step 7: Make a simple centerpiece
Make a simple table centerpiece out of a bowl of ornaments in 2 colors, like gold & red, or a bowl filled with bunches of red & green grapes, perhaps surrounding a pillar candle. Line the table with votive candles. You're all set!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades