So you've chosen the ideal Christmas tree for your place and decorated it so that it's mathematically perfect, but something's missing. It's not quite complete without a topper, but all of the traditional ones are soooo boring. What's a geek to do?
If you're a fan of the newer Doctor Who show, Cynthia has the perfect solution for you with her DIY Weeping Angel tree topper, which you can make out of an old Barbie doll, some modeling clay, a plastic bottle, and spray paint.
The first step in this project is probably the most fun, and a little morbid—dismembering the Barbie doll. Cynthia removed her doll's legs and hair, then cut off her arms at the elbows to reposition them over her face. She sculpted new hair for the doll and attached what was left of her to a plastic bottle.
After sculpting her skirt and wings, she spray painted the angel grey, then added highlights with black and white paint. Some of her readers followed the tutorial and made their own, which you can see in the photos below.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades